On the FlickrSync main window, you manage your local folders and your flickr sets and establish relationships between them.
Left Side - Local Folders
On the left side of the main window, you see your local folders. You can browse through your drives and just select the folders you want to synchronize with flickr. When you check a new folder, a Properties dialog is opened
All checked folders are shown in red. The parent folders are also shown in red even if they're not selected so that you know immediately where you have synchronization folders configured.
A tooltip is shown over the selected folders, showing the name of the corresponding Set in flickr. If you want to change the corresponding Set without changing any synchronization properties, you can just Drag&Drop the folder with the mouse to the new set on the right window (flickr sets).
Right-clicking a specific selected folder, shows a local menu with the following options:
- Properties - define how the synchronization is performed on this specific folder. For more information, see Properties Help page
- View and Sync - preview the synchronization for selected folders and apply it to flickr. You can select multiple folders using ctrl or shift key, otherwise it will synchronize just the current folder. Before applying it to flickr, FlickrSync always asks for your confirmation showing a preview of all operations that will be performed. You can see how the preview works on the View and Sync help page
- View and Sync with Children—preview the synchronization for all selected folders and their sub-folders (children folders), if they are also configured for synchronization. Like the “View and Sync” option, all operations will be previewed before applying any changes to flickr.
- Check All Children - Mark all sub-folders of this folder for synchronization with flickr. For each sub-folder, a Properties dialog will be shown, in order to configure how the synchronization will be performed for that folder and to which flickr set. If you just want the default settings for each folder, you can select “OK to all”. You will be asked if you want to include sub-folders of sub-folders.
- Uncheck All Children - Unmark all sub-folders, removing them from the synchronization process. You will be asked if you want to include sub-folders of sub-folders.
- Remove Path—If the folder selected is a network path that you have added on the Sync menu, there will be an option to remove this network path from the folder window.
Right Side - Flickr Sets:
On the right side you see all your flickr sets, including thumbnails. Similar to the left side you can see a tooltip over each set, showing the corresponding folder (in case there is a synchronization established for this set). If a set is configured to be synchronized you can right-click on it and access the local menu in a similar manner to the left side window:
- Properties - define how the synchronization is performed on this specific set. For more information, see Properties Help page
- View and Sync - preview the synchronization for this specific set and apply it to flickr. Before applying it to flickr, FlickrSync always asks for your confirmation showing a preview of all operations that will be performed. You can see how the preview works on the View and Sync help page
- Organize set on flickr—open flickr Web site on this set Organize page, so that you can change picture order, master Picture, or any other additional configuration
Other Help Topics
Please choose from one of the following topics: